Done in: 25 minutes
- 1/2 packet of dried pasta shells (conchiglie, or any shape you have)
- 1 mug of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tin hot dog sausages, drained
- 1 chicken reduced salt stock cube
- 1 tbsp American mustard (or other mustard you have)
- 4 tbsp light cream cheese
- Dried grated parmesan, to serve (optional)
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the pasta shells and cook for 10-12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions. When it’s nearly done, add the frozen peas to the pan for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Keep back ½ a mug of pasta water (to use later), then drain the pasta and set aside.
In the same pan, heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat. Slice up the sausages and add them to the pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
Crumble in the stock cube and add the ½ mug of pasta water, then add the mustard and cream cheese. Stir it all together to get a light, loosened sauce, then season with pepper. Finally, add the cooked pasta and peas to the pan and give it a stir to coat everything in the sauce.
Spoon it onto plates and sprinkle over the parmesan, if using. Now tuck in.